PreACT Test Day is Friday, October 20, 2023 at RSHS
8:28 - 12:07
Last names A-L in Upper Gym
Last names M-Z in Lower Gym
What is the PreACT and why are 10th grade students taking it?
- To assist students as they prepare for college and careers, Rockwood will administer the PreACT to sophomores during the school day at no cost to families.
- The PreACT is a shortened, 10th-grade version of the ACT, which also includes an Interest Inventory for students to complete.
- The PreACT is designed to provide students with practice and feedback before taking the ACT.
- The exam includes four curriculum-based, multiple-choice tests: English, Math, Reading, Science.
- After taking the PreACT, students will receive a score report with a predicted ACT score range based on their PreACT performance to help them identify their strengths and weaknesses to better prepare for the ACT.
- The PreACT score report will provide feedback to the student about potential college majors and career areas students may wish to explore based on their responses from the Interest Inventory.
TEST DAY INFORMATION
- Check-in 8:15-8:28. Do not go to 1st hour. Take care of bathroom needs prior to check-in.
- Bring a CALCULATOR! ACT Calculator Policy
- Bring sharpened wooden PENCILS with erasers
- Bringing a jacket or sweatshirt for personal comfort is suggested
- Phones and all electronics must be completely powered off and stored in backpacks. Backpacks must be placed along the side or back wall, and cannot be accessed during the exam, even during the break. Students who finish a section early may not work on homework or read due to ACT Test Security policy.
- Students will be dismissed at 12:07 and all 10th grade will eat 3rd lunch. Students will attend Per 5-7 classes.
The PreACT is a formative assessment. All students will test with standard timing (extended time is not available). If a child has a significant medical issue that will interfere with their ability to take the test in a large group, please contact email@example.com to discuss options.